- Lead free UPVC pipe
- UV resistant pipes for superior durability
- Double layer design to maintain water temperature and reduce evaporation
- Functional design enables the pipe to be opened easily for regular cleaning
- Serrated surface to boost the surface area for optimum root growth
- Rigid pipes helps prevent sagging and key for uniform water flow.
A properly designed NFT system is based on using the right channel slope, the right flow rate, and the right channel length. The plant roots are exposed to adequate supplies of water, oxygen and nutrients. In earlier production systems, there was a conflict between the supply of these requirements, since excessive or deficient amounts of one results in an imbalance of one or both of the others.
NFT, because of its design, provides a system wherein all three requirements for healthy plant growth can be met at the same time, provided that the simple concept of NFT is always remembered and practiced. The result of these advantages is that higher yields of high-quality produce are obtained over an extended period of cropping. A downside of NFT is that it has very little buffering against interruptions in the flow, such as a result of a power outage. But, overall, it is one of the more productive techniques.
The same design characteristics apply to all conventional NFT systems. While slopes along channels of 1:100 have been recommended, in practice it is difficult to build a base for channels that is sufficiently true to enable nutrient films to flow without ponding in locally depressed areas. The slope may be provided by the floor, or benches or racks may hold the channels and provide the required slope. Both methods are used and depend on local requirements, often determined by the site and crop requirements.
Why choose 100×80 Double Layered NFT Channel?
This channel is absolutely perfect for almost every plant that grows 2ft tall like chilly, brinjal, capsicum, and leafy vegetables such as kale, bok choi, lettuce, spinach, and other herbs also show rapid growth in this channel. What makes it extraordinary is our specially designed NFT channel is capable of adapting the Deep Flow Technique which ensures that your plant will not starve or die during power failure. It can hold 5mm of water that will prevent roots from drying for up to 3 hours.
This channel’s lower portion is 40mm and the upper portion is also 40mm in size which means if you put closed end caps on both the ends then it can hold 40mm of water. 3 inch regular netpots are best for a 100×80 channel as these are a perfect fit for leafy plants, flowering and fruiting plants that grow up to 2ft tall with a mesh of dense roots.
END Caps are not part of this product. Please choose END CAPS as per your system design
Using silicone sealant to attach end caps to double-layer NFT (Nutrient Film Technique) channels can be an effective way to create a watertight seal. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do this:
Materials you will need:
1. Silicone sealant (like the silicone 789 white).
2. Double-layer NFT channels and end caps.
3. A caulking gun.
4. A clean cloth or rag.
5. Isopropyl alcohol or a similar cleaning solution (optional)
6. A utility knife.
1. Clean the surfaces: Make sure the surfaces you will be working with are clean and free of any dirt, grease, or debris. Use isopropyl alcohol or a similar cleaning solution to thoroughly clean both the NFT channel and the end cap.
2. Prepare the silicone sealant: Load the silicone sealant cartridge into the caulking gun and cut the tip of the nozzle at a 45-degree angle. Be sure to use the appropriate silicone sealant for your specific application.
3. Apply silicone sealant: Apply a continuous bead of silicone sealant in groves of the end cap that will come into contact with the NFT channel. Make sure to apply a consistent, even layer and fill groves completely.
4. Insert the end cap: Gently press the end cap onto the NFT channel, ensuring that the silicone-sealed side of the end cap contacts the NFT channel’s lower part. Press firmly to ensure a secure bond.
5. Clean excess sealant: Wipe away any excess silicone sealant that oozes out from the joint using a clean cloth or rag. Be thorough in your cleaning.
6. Allow for curing: Silicone sealant typically takes some time to cure completely. Follow the silicon manufacturer’s instructions regarding the curing time. It’s important to avoid disturbing the joint during this time to ensure a proper seal.
7. Test for leaks: Once the silicone sealant has fully cured, conduct a leak test to ensure that the joint is watertight. You can do this by running water through the NFT channel and checking for any leaks at the end cap.
By following these steps, you should be able to effectively seal the end caps to your double-layer NFT channels, making them leak-proof. Ensure that you use a high-quality silicone sealant designed for your specific application to achieve the best results.