Monitoring the pH of your nutrient solution is vital to getting your plants to grow at their peak performance as the pH determines how effectively nutrients are absorbed by plant roots. pH is measure of how acidic or alkaline (basic) a solution is on a scale of 0 to 14.
- Remove the protective cover.
- Clean the electrode with water (there is white crystalline salt around the electrode cap. It is a normal phenomenon of the pH electrode. As long as the electrode is immersed in water, it dissolves and disappears).
- Turn on the switch. Insert the pH meter into the measured liquid until the liquid is submerged to a slight immersion, allowing the solution to soak slightly above the immersion line.
- Gently stir until the displayed value is stable, and then read the displayed value.
The pH meter must be re-calibrated in the following cases:
- Has been used (or placed) for a long time after calibration.
- Particularly frequent electrode use.
- High measurement accuracy.
Operating Temperature: 0 – 50 °C (32 – 122°F)